Demonetization of Rs.500 and Rs.1000 notes have left many in the country in a lurch. The move may be commendable, however, the execution is haphazard. If you too are thinking how will you survive the money drought, there are many options to bail you out.
Let us have a look at the different way to manage the cashless situation like a pro.
Empty Wallets? Stick to E-Wallets
People in the urban areas or people who have an active bank net banking account or an active debit or credit card can survive by going cashless. Just use your smartphone to manage the tense situation easily.
Download any popular mobile e-wallet app on your smartphones such as Paytm, Mobikwik, or Freecharge. You could download all if you wish and create an active account on each of them. Upgrade your e-wallets with sufficient amount by transferring money from your bank account using net banking or debit or credit card. Once you are armed with a full e-wallet, you can now fight your daily battles by going cashless.
- Those travelling daily can use their two-wheeler or car. However, if you don’t own your own mode of transportation, you could try using Ola or Uber to help you ride to your destination. You can use their Pool or Sharing facility to cut the cost. You can pay them using either e-wallets or anything similar. Many autowalas, as well as taxi walas, also offer payment through Paytm. Just scan their barcode on your phone and pay them their fare.
- Many Kirana stores, fruit sellers, vegetable sellers and even tea sellers now accept e-wallet payment. You could use their services and pay through e-wallets.
- Chemists, as well as big stores such as Big Bazaar, Reliance Fresh, etc., accept debit and credit cards. You could shop there and pay using your card.
- Utility bills too can be paid online using e-wallets as well as net banking. Use your debit cards and credit cards to swipe at the payment centres.
- There are many online stores such as Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, etc. that accepts many different modes of payments. You could use their services to purchase any product under the sun.
- BigBasket, Grofers, Swiggy, Zomato, etc. all can fulfill your need for fresh vegetables, fruits as well as hot food by accepting online payments.
- Many big hospitals also accept payment through credit as well as debit cards. Some doctors as well as consultants are now accepting e-wallets payments as their consultation fees. This way no one loses and the circle of life continues peacefully.
- Retail shops too have the facility of swiping debit or credit cards. Thus, you can make full use of this option and carry on with your daily shopping needs.
These are some of the ways through which you can go cashless for now. What’s more, many cashless transactions earn you extra points as well as cashback. Try going cashless today and you will find most of your money problems disappear.